Perhaps making a public list will keep me on track. Keep me accountable.
So here goes. My 2016 house update goals. (Excuse the mess in the “before” pictures below. I took them before tidying on purpose – a taste of reality.)
1. Formal Dining Room:
– install curtain rods (and pick curtains).
2. Play Room:
– gallery wall (aka find friends for that little lonely print)?
– add bookshelf (perhaps reuse IKEA one?) or storage unit for toys and books
– add sconces (to where white plates are, below)
3. Eat-in Kitchen:
– move oriental rug into formal dining room (shown above).
– pick new rug that is big enough for all chairs to fit (I think we need 11×11′).
4. Half bath:
– replace sink (something a bit more classic)
– replace mirror (perhaps with this beauty?)
– floor (to keep or not to keep? Perhaps do a hex tile?)
– add raised paneling to walls, 3/4 height.
– funky fresh wallpaper?
What do you think? Any suggestions? We also have a Laundry List of outdoor work…but that is for another time!