Demo started today on our master bathroom.
Within three weeks I am hoping it looks like this:
Rather than this:
We are updating the shower with 4×8″ subway tiles, a slightly larger size than the traditional 3×6″ with the hopes of fewer grout lines.
The shower floor, bench and threshold, as well as the new vanity counter, will all be carrera marble.
For the floor of the shower we chose a chevron pattern – we had considered a more traditional basketweave but the chevron felt a bit more fresh.
The new shower walls and door will be frameless glass, a huge improvement over the current glass block situation.
1. Sconces – we recently used these in our family room and playroom, and love them in person. So this was an easy choice for us.
You can catch a glimpse of them from afar on the walls of our family room next to the fireplace below:
And here they are in our playroom:
2. Mirrors: I had admired a similar one at Pottery Barn, but this is a fraction of the price.
3. Faucets: We will add a second sink with a new vanity. There is plenty of room, so I’m not sure why there weren’t two all along – this will be a nice update. I saw them used here and love the classic look:
4. Accessories: We will use the same Moen line that we used for the faucets to update all the accessories (toilet paper holder, towel ring and bar, etc).
5. Vanity: I’ve seen this used on a few design blogs, (most recently by Emily Henderson) but was skeptical of the quality. It turns out that a friend of ours had used this same brand in their master bathroom reno a few years ago and so I was able to see it in person. It’s a beauty, with soft close drawers, and marble top. It has held up really well, and the price cannot be beat. We will plan to change out the hardware when it arrives.
Here is one of my inspiration pictures:
6. Shower head and trim: Classic, matches well with the faucets, and price can’t be beat.
The goal is to have the bathroom work wrapped by by February 15th. I’ll be back with updates!
3 thoughts on “Demo day”
What are you going to do with the glass blocks from the shower. You might be able to make terrariums with them!
come my blog 🙂